Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
GROOMER - currently no positions available
This is a seasonal, full-time position during the winter season, with some part-time schedules available as well. Groomers are the backbone of our organization and work to create the perfect trail product we strive for on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate:
- has light and/or heavy machinery experience
- has experience in the snow or grooming industry. Willing to groom on snowmobiles, ATVs, UTV, and PistenBully snowcats
- enjoys (or least doesn't mind) working nights
- able to work nights, weekends, and winter holidays
- is an avid trail user familiar with our trail system, and already lives in the Methow Valley
- has good communication skills with a keen eye for details
- Willing to commit to minimum 3 winters
- is comfortable working independently within a close community of groomers of staff
- competitive salary with starting rate of $17/hr for new groomer with no experience
- professional development and training opportunities
- Methow Trails Annual Passes for groomers and their immediate families
- season passes to the Loup Loup and the Winthrop Rink
- unlimited access to office dogs and excellent coffee drinks
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to Executive Director, James DeSalvo.
TRAIL CREW VOLUNTEERS
Want to help keep our trails in tip-top shape? Join our Third Thursday Trail Crew! We run monthly work parties (usually the Third Thursday morning of every month) from April-November, as well as occasional weekend work parties. Work parties usually include a variety of tasks including thinning, brushing, constructing new trail, or improving trailhead amenities. There is something for everyone! No experience is necessary and we have all the tools. Volunteering with Methow Trails is a great way to get to know the organization and help support the trails!
Interested volunteers should send us an email and we will add you to our email list to be notified of all work parties.
Want to get even more involved with your local trails? Join our Service Program and become an Ambassador!
Our Service Program is a great way to get more involved with Methow Trails, engage with your community, and earn an Annual Pass! Applicants must enjoy working with people and be comfortable offering education and enforcement-- checking ski passes and welcoming first-time visitors is a big part of the job. Service Program participants are members of Methow Trails ($50 fee annually) and work a minimum of 20 hours of scheduled service in exchange for an Annual Pass, either at our signature events or as Trailhead and On-Trail Ambassadors out on our extensive network of trails. All Service Program hours are directed toward supporting our trail events and/or winter trailhead ambassador/ski patrol program (not trail work-- please see our Trail Crew Volunteer program above for more information about trail work).
To join the Service Program, prospective ambassadors must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full time Methow Valley resident
- Be 18 or older
- Become a member of Methow Trails and pay the $50 membership fee
- Participate in the annual training
- Devote at least 20 hours per year to working at trailheads and/or events. We request a 3-year commitment. Service Program members who work our events may take on a variety of jobs to support the event (ranging from working aid stations, to prepping racer packets, to signing the course), some of which may be done ahead of time, but most of which are done the day of the event. Service Program members who work as Trailhead Ambassadors work 5 x 4-hours shifts at a trailhead checking passes, answering questions, and interacting with trail users.
- Be friendly, flexible, and dependable
- Be generally knowledgeable enough to encourage trail user investment in our organization through trail pass sales (winter), educate the general public about our role in the community, and have a firm understanding of on-trail conditions, use and etiquette.
Ambassadors who meet the above requirements will receive an annual pass in exchange for their service.
Interested community members who meet the above criteria should fill out the application below or contact our Partnership Manager with questions.